Monday, May 3, 2010

Shredded

I am a hypocrite.

I am so worried about cancer that I'm willing to give up any hope for future children, my breasts, and precious weeks spent with my infant son in order to improve my chances. And yet, I don't eat right or exercise.

Blame it on my childhood; I never did find a therapist I liked. Blame it on my family; we all use food as a coping mechanism, a comfort, an obsession. Blame it on hormones; birth control is a bitch. But mostly, blame it on me; I have zero willpower and am pretty lazy.

So, today I got my roommate to do the 30 Day Shred with me for the first time. I feel...tired. Sore. Hot. Like Jillian Michaels looks like a man. But, somehow a little bit accomplished too.

I can't say that I'll do this every day. Or even every other day. But I am going to make an effort to do SOMETHING active every day. Here's to being healthy in more ways than one.

2 comments:

  1. I am similarly lazy and too fond of food. Doing an at-home exercise program that requires self-motivation just isn't for me, because it'll end in failure, and trips to the pantry for chocolate to ease my shame.

    Good for you for trying; one thing that I've found personally is that I do much better in a class or team or something; a commitment where I can't just slack off and be a bum because other people are watching, lol. So, if you're struggling with motivation that might be something helpful :)

    Good luck, and I'm glad to hear you're taking control of your body and health in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, my DH and I think she looks like a man too.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete