Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I suck & my baby rolls

I suck. It's been forever since I updated. Please forgive me and let me get a bit sappy on you:

Jack, my terribly lazy baby, rolled himself over for the first time today. Back to belly. Well, mostly. His shoulder is still sort of underneath him, but his thumb in is his mouth, so I am going to excuse is. My tiny baby is now a big 4 month old roller! How did this happen? He looks like such a little boy now, and I just don't know what to do, besides cry and hope he slows the fuck down.

In other news:

I was looking through some old photos today. I really, really need to finish some scrapbooking projects, but I haven't scrapped in about 3 years. I guess that's a good SAHM project, huh? I found this picture:






This is a photo of my mother and me at Disneyworld when I was around 2.5, 3 years old. This was before my mom got sick, and we had such a special time. I don't remember a lot of it; PTSD makes you lose a lot of memories, and almost everything before 10 is completely wiped out for me. But I do remember this:

The trip was almost over. We were all tired, hot, and ready to go home. I had yet to see Goofy (he was off that week) and my dad was grumpy. We started to head toward the gate, and my dad decided he needed to go to the bathroom first. He went to stand in the long line (yes, at Disneyworld there are even lines for the guys bathroom), and left my Mom and I alone. We stood there for a moment, then she got this look... she snatched me up and hurried against the flow of traffic toward the middle of the park. Suddenly, we stopped. There was no line; we climbed into a ride car and got strapped in. And then, we took off. We flew over the heads of everyone else, and she squeezed me tightly as Dumbo moved higher and higher into the air. Her smile transformed her face; she delighted in seeing me squeal in surprise, and when the ride slowed, she hugged me tight. She smelled like pears and honey and sunshine. Her hair formed a halo in the setting sunlight, and as we climbed out of the car, she squeezed my hand and said, "We just had to do that one more time."

I hope I never lose this memory, nor the memory of how proud I was tonight of Jack for rolling over. These are the things that Life is all about.

3 comments:

  1. You were such a pretty little girl & i love that picture of you & your mom. What a wonderful memory to have of your mom. Its those special moments that mean the most kids. Just remember how you felt because of it & take the time out to try & make those memories for jack. :-) You are an amazing mom & learn from one of the best even if it was only for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a powerful memory! I'm glad that you have that memory of your mother! I have one or two that I hope I never lose!

    ReplyDelete